Friday, August 29, 2008

Why You Shouldn't Read My Blog


First of all, there are thousands upon thousands of other blogs out there. I'm just some random guy with dubious credentials. My only claim to "fame" is that I happened to be in a book by someone I work with. There's no skill in that.

I don't update this blog very often, and when I do it's usually wordy blather on unimportant topics that few, if any, readers actually care about. Also, in a lame attempt to increase the number of posts, I sometimes post things that I didn't even write: witness the poems I've posted and the lame "Weekend Movie" concept: a direct rip-off of Scott Douglas' "Weekend Funnies" feature.

My attempts at humor are pedestrian, frequently focusing on the prurient, and usually fall flat. There is nary a chuckle, guffaw, or smirk to be found on this site.

This blog has no personality. Usually there's a theme to blogs, but mine comes off as the journal of some angry guy who works in a library. There isn't any motif that runs through the blog. It's all over the place, which shows a shocking lack of professionalism, not to mention the glaring grammatical and spelling errors.

Unless you know me personally, you have no reason to read this blog, and even then, why would you bother? This is yet another vanity blog, as if the world needed another one.

There are plenty of other, more interesting, PROFESSIONAL humor sites that you can visit. Your time is better spent going there than here. I personally recommend Cracked, Jim Goad‘s site, Christian Humorist, and The Best Page in the Universe.

This site may very well go the way of my last two sites, Love, God, Sex, and Burgers and The Self-Help Review! Both were rarely updated and eventually abandoned. I have since recycled some of the material on those sites for other posts, which further shows my lack of interest in your entertainment.

There is nothing original on this blog. Even this post, which is specifically telling you to leave the site because of its boring content, has probably already been done by someone else, and better.

3 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

That dickweed at the "self-proclaimed" Christian humor website, "ChristianHumorist" hardly ever posts anything, and when he does, it's nothing worth reading

diana said...

You forgot Holy Taco.com, and Best Week Ever Blog

amazinggrace said...

I would have to disagree with you. This blog site is the funniest I've ever read. The blog about the scale of stupidity for instance. My family sat at the table reading it out loud and having to pause on multiple occasions because we were laughing too hard.